Want to make your own podcast?
We are often asked how we got started with podcasting. And to be honest then the idea where there for years before we got started. But we procrastinated.
It is so easy to make a project difficult in your mind.
The thing that broke our procrastination spell was that we appeared as guests on Amrit Sandhu's podcast Inspired Evolution - And after the show we talked a little in private and I asked Amrit how he got started.
It showed that Amrit had gotten this question so many times that he has created his own "Launch Your Podcast" course. We were hyped after our talk with Amrit and was like - YES LET'S DO IT... But to be honest it still took us almost 6 months to actually start.
The biggest difference between succeeding and not succeeding is to actually start - so we did it - we took Amrits course and then we booked some guests and started for real.
The two main points from Amrit I want to share with you is this.
- Record at least 5-10 episodes before you launch your podcast. This advice works really well for us with our traveling life-style - some weeks we record 3-4 episodes and then some weeks we are immersed in traveling and record zero.
- The second advice is quite simple: Don't quit.
Love and hugs
Cecile and Jesper
Our Podcast Tech SetUp
As we are full-time travelers we need a set-up that can be in a backpack - So our setup is kind of simple :)
When you are about to start your podcast you can end up in an endless Google Search of what to do, how to record, how to distribute your podcast and so on. I know we loved to see what others did, so here is our set-up.
- We record on Zoom
- We use an iPhone 12 Pro as a Continuity Camera on our Macbook Pro.
- We use 2 Røde Røde lavalier Mics as microphones (they came with our Røde Go set) and then we have them in a mono-splitter inserted into a headphone splitter (nerdy but works and we don't want giant mics in our faces)
- To create transcripts and find good quotes from the podcast-episodes we use Descript
- We edit on LumaFusion and also uses this tool when we edit the clips to promote the show.
- To distribute our podcast we use buzzsprout
- We use Podium to AI power our summary descriptions, transcripts, titles, suggestion for blogpost and a lot more.
- And then we use a normal boring google spreadsheet to organize when we are recording with the different guests :)
And thats it - Don't make it difficult, just start! The important part is not the tech, but the dialogues :)
Where are we now?
Want to stay up to date with our travels and podcast? Then sign up for our weekly newsletter